Country Cornmeal Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 112 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Country Cornmeal Bread
"The bread had a nice flavor and was very soft. I didn't really get too much of the cornmeal flavor or texture. My loaf sank in the middle, but that happens sometimes. Still, it's a good recipe."
"Not Yet Rated."