- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Country Cornmeal Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p33
Reviews for Country Cornmeal Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2014
"The bread had a nice flavor and was very soft. I didn't really get too much of the cornmeal flavor or texture. My loaf sank in the middle, but that happens sometimes. Still, it's a good recipe."
Reviewed May. 26, 2008
"Not Yet Rated."