Country Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, broccoli and red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain. In another large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add soup and milk; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs and cooked vegetables.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 137 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Country Corn Casserole
"This is such a tasty and simple recipe. I usually don't care for canned soup in my dishes but it works great in this recipe. I didn't cook the veggies beforehand, but I also added onion powder not chopped onion. I had a bag of frozen corn and some frozen red peppers so this is what I used for the veggies. One of my daughters had a friend over and she had seconds and the leftovers the next day."
"I first got this recipe from Taste of Home, Home~Style Suppers Volume 4, 2000. And as I was still being in training to be a- good cook, I found this fabulous magazine cook book! Best thing I have found, made my holiday cooking so special! Well been making this recipe since then, most Thanksgivings and other times when we are craving it! I don't change a thing it's perfectly Yummers!!! Thanks so much!"
"This is so simple and fast to make. My family loved this. We've even made it with a corn/pepper/onion mix. It is delicious however you make it."
"Delicious, fast and easy. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. Goes well with gobble gobble."
"My family absolutely loves pasta and this dish was accepted with so much praise, it was awesome. I will be keeping this recipe."