Country Corn Casserole
I DEVISED this recipe when I needed a quick and easy casserole to take to a friend's birthday party.
I opened a bag of this and a can of that and came up with a dish my family and friends love.
Luckily, I wrote it down when I made it. I had a hunch it was going to be a success!
-Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, broccoli and red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetables and water to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender;
- drain. In another large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion
- in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add soup and milk; stir until
- smooth. Add cracker crumbs and cooked vegetables.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with remaining
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.