I DEVISED this recipe when I needed a quick and easy casserole to take to a friend's birthday party. I opened a bag of this and a can of that and came up with a dish my family and friends love. Luckily, I wrote it down when I made it. I had a hunch it was going to be a success! -Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, broccoli and red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain. In another large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add soup and milk; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs and cooked vegetables.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Country Corn Casserole in Reminisce January/February 1997, p49
Reviews for Country Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review