Country Corn Casserole Recipe
I DEVISED this recipe when I needed a quick and easy casserole to take to a friend's birthday party. I opened a bag of this and a can of that and came up with a dish my family and friends love. Luckily, I wrote it down when I made it. I had a hunch it was going to be a success! -Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, broccoli and red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain. In another large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add soup and milk; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs and cooked vegetables.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Country Corn Casserole in Reminisce January/February 1997, p49
Reviews for Country Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2013
Delicious, fast and easy. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. Goes well with gobble gobble.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2009
My family absolutely loves pasta and this dish was accepted with so much praise, it was awesome. I will be keeping this recipe.