- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon sherry or additional condensed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk, broth and sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chives. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Country Chicken with Gravy
Sort By :
"This is an excellent simple recipe that had my family loving every part of it. I am going to try it again tonight but sub the chicken for pork chops and try to extend the great gravy."
"I substituted leftover panko and herb stuffing (crushed) and topped that off with Italian bread crumbs to make 3/4 C. The gravy was great. I gave this a 4 rather than a 5 because the chicken was nearly burned on the stove before it was anywhere near being done. I finished it off in the microwave. Next time I will bake the chicken. The flavor and crunch were really good."
"I really liked the chicken itself. The gravy was good, but I'm wondering if next time I should add garlic powder or a different herb. My husband loved the crunchy chicken."
"Wonderful!! I baked it as well and it was good and crispy, and the gravy was excellent!"
"I made this and my hubby & I both liked it a lot so its a keeper! I paired it with the Garlic Mashed Potatoes (made from Hungry Jack flakes) on your website. Delicious, quick and easy!!"