Country Cheese Snacks
This is one of my favorite appetizers for family and friends. It's very good served together with fresh fruit, especially strawberries and pineapple.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions with tops, minced
- Snack-size rye bread slices or toasted English muffins or bagels
- Parsley sprigs
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Spread on bread;
- place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and olives. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 cups
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 173 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.