This is one of my favorite appetizers for family and friends. It's very good served together with fresh fruit, especially strawberries and pineapple.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions with tops, minced
- Snack-size rye bread slices or toasted English muffins or bagels
- Parsley sprigs
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Spread on bread; place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and olives. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 cups spread.
Originally published as Country Cheese Snacks in Country April/May 1992, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Country Cheese Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2010
"I halved this recipe, spread it on 6 bagel halves, and my husband and I ate it as dinner. :-)Didn't have green onion, parsley, or olives. Instead, I added 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Pretty good. Had plenty left over for another batch later in the week."