This is one of my favorite appetizers for family and friends. It's very good served together with fresh fruit, especially strawberries and pineapple.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions with tops, minced
- Snack-size rye bread slices or toasted English muffins or bagels
- Parsley sprigs
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Spread on bread; place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and olives. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 cups spread.
Originally published as Country Cheese Snacks in Country April/May 1992, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Country Cheese Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 19, 2010
"I halved this recipe, spread it on 6 bagel halves, and my husband and I ate it as dinner. :-)Didn't have green onion, parsley, or olives. Instead, I added 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Pretty good. Had plenty left over for another batch later in the week."