- Remove pork and lamb with a slotted spoon to slow cooker. Stir in
- beans and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4
- hours longer. Discard cloves and bay leaves. Remove sausage and
- slice into 1/4-in. pieces; return to slow cooker and stir gently.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 375 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 950 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.