Country Carrot Soup
Ground beef adds some spark to traditional carrot soup. This easy creation always disappears quickly.Marlane Jones, Allentown, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown beef and onion over medium heat until beef
- is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots
- are tender. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 147 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.