Country Brunch Skillet
Frozen hash browns and packaged shredded cheese shave minutes off preparation of this skillet breakfast from Elvira Brunnquell of Port Washington, Wisconsin. "It's an appealing meal-in-one that you can do in about 30 minutes," she notes.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove
- bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of
- drippings. Add the potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to
- drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for about 15
- minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender, stirring
- Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are
- completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.