Country Brunch Skillet Recipe
Using frozen hash browns and packaged shredded cheese shaves minutes off the prep time of this skillet egg dish, making it an appealing meal you can put together quickly. —Elvira Brunnquell, Port Washington, Wisconsin
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add the potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Country Brunch Skillet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC