Country Brunch Pie Recipe
This egg pie makes a great brunch dish with fruit and muffins, or serve it for lunch with tossed greens and French bread.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage into crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mushrooms, peppers and onion; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 288 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Country Brunch Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC