Country Brunch Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage into crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mushrooms, peppers and onion; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 288 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Country Brunch Pie
"I suggest adding freshly sauteed mushrooms, onions,peppers with one clove of garlic, as opposed to recipe as is. I also deglazed the pan with 1/3 cup marsala wine. This was very tasty and delicious"