- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage into crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mushrooms, peppers and onion; pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Country Brunch Pie in Country April/May 2007, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Country Brunch Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
I suggest adding freshly sauteed mushrooms, onions,peppers with one clove of garlic, as opposed to recipe as is. I also deglazed the pan with 1/3 cup marsala wine. This was very tasty and delicious
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >