Country Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- SEASONED BROTH:
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place brisket in a shallow pan. Combine the soy sauce, broth, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain meat, reserving 1 cup marinade. Refrigerate reserved marinade. Place meat in a shallow baking pan; sprinkle with paprika. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cool and refrigerate meat; discard cooking juices.
- 3. When thoroughly chilled, slice meat and return to the baking pan. Combine seasoned broth ingredients and reserved marinade in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heat through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.