- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush chicken with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting and turning often. Yield: 4-6 servings (3/4 cup barbecue sauce).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Country Barbecued Chicken
Sort By :
"Not bad, just bland. A bought barbecue sauce used instead is just as good."
"I have made this recipie so many times. My family loves it. I change a few things, I use no high fructose corn syrup ketchup, splenda brown sugar, and I add some cayenne pepper to give it some spice. I have made the recipie the way it is listed and it is still excellent!!! Thank you"
"I didn't think this recipe was bad; it just wasn't fantastic. I probably won't be making this again."