- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush chicken with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting and turning often. Yield: 4-6 servings (3/4 cup barbecue sauce).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Country Barbecued Chicken
"Not bad, just bland. A bought barbecue sauce used instead is just as good."
"I have made this recipie so many times. My family loves it. I change a few things, I use no high fructose corn syrup ketchup, splenda brown sugar, and I add some cayenne pepper to give it some spice. I have made the recipie the way it is listed and it is still excellent!!! Thank you"
"I didn't think this recipe was bad; it just wasn't fantastic. I probably won't be making this again."
"This is one of my family's favorite recipe. When we can't come up with anything for dinner, this is a go to for all of us. Excellent taste and flavor."
"I would definitely will fix this again."
"This is great but I make chicken like this with the sauce I buy. Now I have to decide if I should stop buying the sauce and make it myself or save some time and money and keep buying it."
"The first time I made this my husband loved it. He says it tastes like a sauce his mother used to make and took him back to those days. Now I love making it for him. Can use on chicken or pork and works great in the oven!!"
"I can't believe it!! I've been making this recipe for years. Mine doesn't use garlic though. This one is wonderful!!"