Country Baked Beans
After sampling these savory beans at our local John Deere dealer's open house, I asked for the recipe. To my surprise, they had started with canned beans and easily given them a wonderful homemade taste. They went over big at our summer reunion.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a 4-1/2-qt. bean
- pot or two ungreased 2-qt. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 268 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,757 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.