Country Baked Beans Recipe
After sampling these savory beans at our local John Deere dealer's open house, I asked for the recipe. To my surprise, they had started with canned beans and easily given them a wonderful homemade taste. They went over big at our summer reunion.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a 4-1/2-qt. bean pot or two ungreased 2-qt. baking dishes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 268 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,757 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC