- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups pitted dried plums, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) dried pitted plums, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and eggs for 2 minutes at medium speed; blend in apples. Combine dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in plums and nuts. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool.
- Just before serving, dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Country Apple Prune Cake in Country August/September 1992, p51
Reviews for Country Apple Prune Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review