If you like warm, comforting desserts, you''ll go for my apple dessert. Serve it warm topped with vanilla ice cream...it's so good! —Denese Harold, Dorcas, West Virginia
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with pie filling. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. In a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Country Apple Dessert in Taste of Home Cake Mix RTL 2014 2014, p215
Reviews for Country Apple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review