Country Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. Place 1-1/2 cups apples in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Separate biscuits into 10 pieces; cut each biscuit into quarters. Place over apples with point side up. Top with remaining apples.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Stir in pecans. Spoon over apples. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- 3. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece: 228 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Country Apple Coffee Cake
"This is a recipe that I have made for years. My family really enjoys it, and it is very easy to prepare."