Country Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
"I love to cook for my husband and three children, but my rule is 'the simpler the better'," relates Katie Strzyzewski of Midlothian, Illinois. Convenient refrigerated biscuits make this apple-pecan delight a breeze to prepare for brunch or dessert.
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Place 1-1/2 cups apples in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Separate biscuits into 10 pieces; cut each biscuit into quarters. Place over apples with point side up. Top with remaining apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Stir in pecans. Spoon over apples. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Country Apple Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p47
Reviews for Country Apple Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2010
This is a recipe that I have made for years. My family really enjoys it, and it is very easy to prepare.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Coffee Cake >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >