Country Corn Recipe
I cook church dinners for 120 people, so I'm always looking for fast, inexpensive menu items. After watching a chef put this corn dish together, I prepared it at church several times. There was never any left over.
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the corn; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cream, water, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir into corn mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Country Corn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC