Countdown Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Red decorating gel
- 1 fresh strawberry, halved
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; cool.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Gently spread a third of the filling over crust. Arrange strawberries on top. Spoon remaining filling over berries; smooth top. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. With decorating gel, pipe numerals and the minute and hour hands for a clock dial on the cheesecake. Place strawberry halves at the tips of the clock hands. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 301 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Countdown Cheesecake
"PS: I meant to include in my previous review that, after chilling for the required time as stated in the recipe, it's even better if you stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving!"
"This was really quick & easy, and I was thrilled when I realized it was a no-bake. It's lighter-tasting than traditional cheesecake, and complemented our New Year's Eve turkey dinner nicely."
"very cool idea!"