"Every time I take these sweet, chewy bars to a gathering or serve them to guests, I get lots of compliments," reports Kerry Bouchard of Augusta, Montana. "They're easy to make, too - just sprinkle a few ingredients in a pan and bake."
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pour butter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with crumbs and coconut. Top with chips. Pour milk over all. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Couldn't be Simpler Bars in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p52
Reviews for Couldn't be Simpler Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review