Glistening with a subtly sweet glaze, these scrumptious carrots are sure to become an often-requested dish on special occasions. They take only minutes to cook in the microwave.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe casserole, combine carrots and apple juice.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender,
- stirring once. Add the butter, brown sugar and salt if desired; toss
- to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 77 calories, 72 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.