Cottage Potatoes Recipe
"I often make this recipe from my cousin for our family reunion...and there's never any left to take home," relates Mary Sholtis of Ashtabula, Ohio
- 12 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 slice bread, torn
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine the cheese, onion, green pepper, pimientos, bread, 2 tablespoons parsley and salt.
- 2. In a greased shallow 4-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the potatoes and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Pour milk and butter over all; sprinkle with cornflake crumbs.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and top is golden. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 12-14 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC