Cottage Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 222 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Cottage Mashed Potatoes
"Yummy! I made these ahead of time and then set them out of fridge 30 min before cooking in the oven at 350 covered for @ 40 min. & uncovered @ 15 min. I omitted the almonds and used for the sour cream only 1/2 cup and then 1/4 cup light cream cheese. Also added a splash of milk! When I was making them my DH and 1 yr old were more than happy to lick the bowl & beaters clean - they probably would have ate all of them had I let them!"
"I really liked the flavor of these potatoes. Nice easy fix ahead dish."
"These were easy to make and enjoyed by all. I ended up using milk because they were so thick. I also made it the night before and then baked it the next day adding 20 minutes to the baking time."