Cottage Mashed Potatoes
These scrumptious spuds have pounds of meal appeal! Stirred together with sour cream, cottage cheese , onion and almonds, they offer a rich texture and nutty taste that will have folks coming back for more, assures Veronica Teipel of Manchester, Missouri.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, salt
- and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 222 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.