These scrumptious spuds have pounds of meal appeal! Stirred together with sour cream, cottage cheese , onion and almonds, they offer a rich texture and nutty taste that will have folks coming back for more, assures Veronica Teipel of Manchester, Missouri.
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cottage Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman March/April 1999, p40
Reviews for Cottage Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review