Cottage Cheese Yeast Rolls Recipe
"I always take my Cottage Cheese Yeast Rolls to potlucks, where they're soon gobbled up," writes Angie Merriam of Springfield, Ohio. "They're light, so they go well with many dishes. Just be sure to serve them with butter."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a small saucepan, heat cottage cheese to 110°-115°. Add the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, salt, baking soda and 2 cups flour to yeast mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 30 pieces. Shape each piece into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC