Cottage Cheese Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese, undrained
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, oil and vanilla. Cover and process until well combined. Add flour and salt; process until smooth.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 waffles.
2 waffles equals 696 calories, 48 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 654 mg cholesterol, 940 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Waffles
"I make these quite a bit because they are loaded with protein, and I love feeding my boys healthy protein packed foods. I also use whole wheat flour. They eat them up and have no idea they are good for them. This is a keeper."
"Yesterday I received the Taste of Home Breakfast cookbook. This is the first recipe I made from it (my son chose it) and is it a winner! Delectably light and fluffy, these are definitely worth repeating. We'll be making these again."