Cottage Cheese Waffles
Cottage cheese and extra eggs make these waffles soft and moist, with a different texture than other waffles. This is my family's favorite Sunday breakfast.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese, undrained
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Cover and process until well combined. Add flour and salt; process
- until smooth.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 2 waffles equals 696 calories, 48 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 654 mg cholesterol, 940 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.