Cottage cheese and extra eggs make these waffles soft and moist, with a different texture than other waffles. This is my family's favorite Sunday breakfast.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese, undrained
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, oil and vanilla. Cover and process until well combined. Add flour and salt; process until smooth.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 waffles.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Waffles in Country June/July 2005, p51
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review