Cottage Cheese Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large serving bowl, layer half of the spinach, cottage cheese and pecans. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Spinach Salad
"My husband and I cut the recipe in half and ate it all! Very good and unusual!"
"Excellent! I've been making this salad for some time now, and it's delicious!"
"GREAT spinach salad, wonderful flavour!!!"
"WOW! This is one great salad. I am not a huge fan of spinach, but the flavor the dressing adds to the spinach is to die for. A little heat from the horseradish makes all the difference!I always make enough for left overs, to have as a quick, healthy lunch. After storing the dressing in a canning jar, I shake to mix it, and store leftovers in the fridge. When eating leftover, I just warm the jar in the microwave a few seconds, to get the sugar mixed again, and in seconds I have a wonderful lunch! Cant stress how great this salad is."