Cottage Cheese Spinach Salad Recipe
Even folks who don't care for spinach enjoy this distinctive salad. The creamy dressing is a bit sweet, and cottage cheese assures that this dish is extra hearty and satisfying. We love the unusual combination of ingredients.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large serving bowl, layer half of the spinach, cottage cheese and pecans. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC