Until you try this recipe, you will not believe how good it is! Our three kids and their families all live nearby, so we often have family dinners. These rolls are a favorite. -Corky Huffsmith, Salem, Oregon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sesame seeds, optional
- In a bowl, combine the boiling water and potato flakes; mix well. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the sugar, salt, 1 egg and oil until blended. Stir cottage cheese into the potatoes; add to yeast mixture and mix well. Beat in 3 cups flour until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Beat remaining egg; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Rolls in Reminisce July/August 2001, p48
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review