Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf
"Putting cottage cheese in meat loaf makes it wonderfully moist," assures Maggie Slocum of Lindon, Utah.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square
- baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Drain; let
- stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 340 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot