Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Drain; let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 340 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.