"Putting cottage cheese in meat loaf makes it wonderfully moist," assures Maggie Slocum of Lindon, Utah.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Drain; let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p18
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review