Cottage Cheese Gelatin Mold
"my husband is diabetic, so finding desserts for him is quite a challenge," says Vera Ambroselli of Lehigh Acres, Florida. "One day I dreamed up this cool treat and he loved it. Now I make it all the time."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free gelatin flavor of your choice
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. In a blender or food
- processor, process the cottage cheese until smooth. Stir into
- gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into a 3-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until
- set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.