Cottage Cheese Fluff
Canned fruit and packaged gelatin are the convenient keys to this dish. It's not your ordinary salad. You can vary the flavor of gelatin or the type of fruits to suit your family's tastes.Annette Self, Junction City, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) gelatin flavor of your choice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in
- the oranges, pineapple and pecans if desired. Just before serving,
- fold in the whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese, sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat frozen whipped topping and without pecans) equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.