Cottage Cheese Fluff Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) gelatin flavor of your choice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in the oranges, pineapple and pecans if desired. Just before serving, fold in the whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 120 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Fluff
"I've been making this for holidays for many, many years and my kids and grands insist on it. I've never added nuts tho."
"This recipe is so versatile. My favorite rendition is to use raspberries with raspberry Jell-O. Using strawberries is also a hit around here. Blueberries with blue gelatin. If you can imagine it, you can make it. I have also used cream cheese in place of the cottage cheese and added a small package of miniature marshmallows."
"I leave out the whipped topping for a yummy light lunch."