Cottage Cheese Fluff Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) gelatin flavor of your choice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in the oranges, pineapple and pecans if desired. Just before serving, fold in the whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese, sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat frozen whipped topping and without pecans) equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.