Cottage Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plus 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- Raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place flour in a medium bowl; cut in butter as for pie crust. Blend in cottage cheese until mixture forms a ball (can use a food processor). Chill 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cutter. Place a level 1/4 teaspoon of jam in center of reach cookie. Moisten edges and fold in half; seal tightly with a fork. Place on lightly greased baking sheets; prick tops with fork.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. For glaze, combine the sugar, extract and enough milk to make thin spreading consistency; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 169 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Cookies
"I've already made three batches of these delicious cookies, for family and friends, and they disappeared in the blink of an eye! This recipe is a definite keeper!"