Cottage Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plus 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- Raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place flour in a medium bowl; cut in butter as for pie crust. Blend in cottage cheese until mixture forms a ball (can use a food processor). Chill 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cutter. Place a level 1/4 teaspoon of jam in center of reach cookie. Moisten edges and fold in half; seal tightly with a fork. Place on lightly greased baking sheets; prick tops with fork.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. For glaze, combine the sugar, extract and enough milk to make thin spreading consistency; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Cookies
"I've already made three batches of these delicious cookies, for family and friends, and they disappeared in the blink of an eye! This recipe is a definite keeper!"