When I was growing up, this light but satisfying salad often took center stage as our supper during summer. My mother served it with a platter of smoked fish and good country-style rye bread with unsalted butter.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, green pepper, radishes and cucumber.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Confetti Salad in Country February/March 2008, p51
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Confetti Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"Our family thought that this is a real "keeper"!"