Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium cantaloupe, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat granola
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, raisins and walnuts. Spoon into cantaloupe wedges. Sprinkle with granola; top with kiwi. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 282 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit, 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad
"Exellent!!! My husband hates raisins and he still liked it and asked me to make it again. I am putting it on the grocery list for our next shopping run."