Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad Recipe
You can easily wedge this pretty melon salad into any meal plan. Margaret Wagner Allen of Abingdon, Virginia shares the recipe for this refreshing side that's perfect for a light luncheon. For variety, she suggests drizzling a little reduced-fat French salad dressing over the sweet combination of cantaloupe, cottage cheese, granola, raisins and nuts.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium cantaloupe, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat granola
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, raisins and walnuts. Spoon into cantaloupe wedges. Sprinkle with granola; top with kiwi. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p48
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2012
Exellent!!! My husband hates raisins and he still liked it and asked me to make it again. I am putting it on the grocery list for our next shopping run.