You can easily wedge this pretty melon salad into any meal plan. Margaret Wagner Allen of Abingdon, Virginia shares the recipe for this refreshing side that's perfect for a light luncheon. For variety, she suggests drizzling a little reduced-fat French salad dressing over the sweet combination of cantaloupe, cottage cheese, granola, raisins and nuts.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium cantaloupe, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat granola
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, raisins and walnuts. Spoon into cantaloupe wedges. Sprinkle with granola; top with kiwi. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p48
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Cantaloupe Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2012
"Exellent!!! My husband hates raisins and he still liked it and asked me to make it again. I am putting it on the grocery list for our next shopping run."