Cottage Cheese and Pecan Salad Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese and 1/4 cup pecans) equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cottage Cheese and Pecan Salad
"I really did not care for this. The garlic/onion flavor was way too overpowering for the mild cottage cheese."