Karla Johnson of East Helena, Montana dresses up cottage cheese with pecans and onions to make this savory side dish. “This would be good with chopped apples and walnuts, similar to a Waldorf salad,” she adds. TIP: It’s a nice way to round out a sandwich lunch…or serve it with assorted sliced fruit for a lighter option.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p7
Reviews for Cottage Cheese and Pecan Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"I really did not care for this. The garlic/onion flavor was way too overpowering for the mild cottage cheese."