Cottage Butterhorns Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and cottage cheese until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into the butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks.
- 3. For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 butterhorn equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cottage Butterhorns
"Quick, easy and very tasty. I made 24 instead of the amount indicated, cutting 8 wedges from each of the 3 dough pieces."