Start the dough for these attractive crescents the night before, and you’ll have rich, flaky golden rolls the next morning to enjoy with your coffee. A sweet drizzle makes the buttery rolls hard to resist.—Mary Schmittinger, Colgate, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cottage cheese until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into the butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cottage Butterhorns in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Cottage Butterhorns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review