- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cottage cheese until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into the butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cottage Butterhorns in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Cottage Butterhorns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2016
"Amazing! Will be making these again. I also made 24 instead of 36. Totally going to play with the glaze flavor next time...maybe lemon? orange? Yum!"