Corsican Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or orange juice
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, quartered
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, herbes de Provence, salt, garlic and pepper; rub over chicken.
- 2. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, tomatoes, consomme and vermouth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Add olives and orange peel. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with basil, pimientos and parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Corsican Chicken
"i can not express how delicious this is. i could eat it weekly! My husband says this is one of his favorites. the ingrediants aren't things you generally have at home, however it is well worth the trip. i double it and have left overs!! so worth it. there aren't any stars for me to click on but this is definately a five."
"This was very good, even though I could not find any herbes de Provence at my grocery store. I improvised and the recipe worked well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.