Corsican Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or orange juice
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, quartered
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, herbes de Provence, salt, garlic and pepper; rub over chicken.
- 2. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, tomatoes, consomme and vermouth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Add olives and orange peel. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with basil, pimientos and parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Corsican Chicken
"i can not express how delicious this is. i could eat it weekly! My husband says this is one of his favorites. the ingrediants aren't things you generally have at home, however it is well worth the trip. i double it and have left overs!! so worth it. there aren't any stars for me to click on but this is definately a five."
"This was very good, even though I could not find any herbes de Provence at my grocery store. I improvised and the recipe worked well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.