Corny Spanish Rice
Corna staple hear in Iowastars in this easy recipe that I received from a niece. It's a quick-to-fix meal after a busy day in the fields.Evelyn Massner, Oakville, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn or mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, water and seasonings; mix well. bring to a
- boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the
- heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Corny Spanish Rice can be served by itself as a hearty meal. But for something different, spoon some of it onto warmed flour tortillas, sprinkle with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and roll up. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.