Corny Spanish Rice Recipe
Corn—a staple hear in Iowa—stars in this easy recipe that I received from a niece. It's a quick-to-fix meal after a busy day in the fields.—Evelyn Massner, Oakville, Iowa
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn or mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, water and seasonings; mix well. bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 362 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Corny Spanish Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC