Corny Potato Frittata
Here's a zesty skillet frittata that's fast, flavorful and easy to fix. It's sure to give your breakfast crowd a hearty, stick-to-the-ribs jump on busy holiday mornings.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook onions and garlic in oil for 2
- minutes. Add potato; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over
- potato mixture. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until eggs are
- nearly set. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Uncover skillet and place
- 6-in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely
- set. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.