Corny Potato Chowder
From Lansing, Michigan, Lee Deneau writes, “Nothing warms my body and brings back memories of home like a bowl of corn chowder. My mother's recipe was much more time consuming than mine, but I like this one just as well.” With lots of corn, bacon and potatoes, the soothing soup will fill you up on chilly days.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the bacon and onion until bacon is almost
- crisp; drain. Add potatoes; saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the milk,
- corn, garlic salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until heated
- through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-2/3 cups) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.