Corny Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain.
- 2. Combine corn, celery, bread crumbs, ketchup, onion, and remaining salt and pepper; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with chops.
- 3. Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,262 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.