From Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia comes this fresh-tasting medley of veggies tossed with a zesty oil-and-vinegar dressing. Serve the salad alone as a side dish or pair it with tortilla chips for an appetizer.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomato, avocado and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and hot pepper sauce; pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Corny Mexican Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p45
Reviews for Corny Mexican Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review