- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn or frozen corn
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine the filling ingredients. Spoon over beef to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corny Meat Roll in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p48
Reviews for Corny Meat Roll(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2013
Not enough to make the hamburger stick together, may need an egg to keep the hamburger from sliding away. Cut corn back to half a cup.
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2010
did not the texture of the meat might try to change somthing about it I believe it needs a sauce of some kind